Fashion Tips for $10 or Less!

Real things for people who don't have the money for high style but the passion for fashion.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Amazing Fake Collar Shirt

This is a technique for changing any plain t-shirt into a stylish trendy collared shirt.
All you need is:
-Scissors
-Old Collar shirt (something you don't want anymore)
-Different colored t-shirts (crew neck or v-neck)
Here's the finished product:

This is an easy and cost effective look. All you have to do is cut off the center placket of a dress shirt. Simply cut along the outside seam like so.
 This is what it will look like once you cut around the entire collar piece.
 Finally, place the collar with any t-shirt to create a fake collar shirt look. What would look really cool is if you put a bow tie with it. Mix and match the collar with different shirts. Potentially, you could wear the same collar everyday with different shirts and no one would be able to tell the difference!

3 comments:

  1. Hey hello my friend,


    I have seen your blog on Facebook and I find your way of treating your clothes wonderful man, realy I do!!! Now I have a question I have many shirts with very high collars, 3inches or 8cm high collar bands with 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 buttons on the collar band and the collar lapel is still attached on the collar band!Now all my friends tell me that veryhigh collars are out off fashion!!! What can you advise me to do with all these high collars??? Do you have some ideas, many ideas I hope because I have many shirts with very very high collars!!!, a please what I can do with all my shirt collars??? a
    Greets Dirk

    ReplyDelete